Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — WILSON — Five members of the Johnson family, who were blown out of their home last Tuesday, have moved out of a hotel and into a new house, in it was reported on the website Monday.
Katie Johnson, 18, remains hospitalized at Erie County Medical Center. Sarah Johnson, 14, was killed in the 6 a.m. blast caused by a propane leak at their Chestnut road home.
Mom and dad — Judy and Jody — checked out of the hotel along with twins Nathan and Hannah, 16, and, 10-year old Sam. Sam and Hannah were staying with friends the night of the explosion.
Judy, who suffered three broken ribs and back injuries, had been in intensive care at ECMC. The new home a hospital bed and a walk-in shower for her.
Members of the family took turns visiting with Katie on Monday. Her nurse, Jennifer, survived a bad burn when she was 18 and she told the family a reassuring story of recovery.
Because of all the publicity surrounding the tragedy, the site of the Johnson’s new home has not been disclosed, according to Rev. Stephen Hay of the Wilson First Baptist Church.
Funeral services of Sarah have not be finalized. There are tentative plans for a service which the entire community can attend at Artpark in Lewiston on Sunday.
The Johnsons are members of the Ransomville Free Methodist Church which has set up a PayPal account for internet donations for the family. All the proceeds will go to the family, according to Hay. To donate on line, go to wilsonfbc.org
Checks can be dropped off or donations made at any First Niagara Bank, or mailed to the Johnson Family Benefit Fund; PO Box 875; Wilson, NY 14172
Donations can be dropped off in person at Ransomville Free Methodist and the Wilson First Baptist Church.