LOCKPORT — Construction on Lockport High School is continuing throughout the winter months. Construction crews work on a scaffold on the west side of the building, which is the Locust Street side. The school is undergoing a $23.5 million capital improvement project that includes adding a fitness center, a six classroom addition and completely renovate the auditorium into a brand new fine arts center. The auditorium will also have stage work completed, new music rooms, a renovated foyer and a new entrance on the Locust Street side. There will be improvements made to ventilators and mechanical systems, an art gallery, new windows, as well as new padding and bleachers in the gymnasium. The technology wing also will be updated, and the library renovated to make room for a computer lab. Also, bathrooms will be added nearby. The entire project is expected to be completed in September.
Expected to be finished by September
- Lockport Independence Day parade units sought
- Canal Clean Sweep set this weekend
- Youth chess on the rise
- Please Click Here
- A 'love fest' for Tyler; scouts happenings
- NEWFANE STROLL: From computer help to book sales, a lot is happening at Newfane library
- SHORELINE BYLINE:
- NEWFANE STROLL: Story Time, Van Horn haunted tours return
First Lieutenant John Beatty can more than simply imagine himself donning a crisp blue Union uniform and marching off to a Civil War battlefield.
- More Communities Headlines